Liam is 6 months old! Seems like something new happens every day! It's exciting and sad all at the same time. I love seeing the new things he learns and explores each day, but I can't believe it's all passing by so quickly.
I have really found myself "living in the moment" for probably the first time in my life! It seems like you spend your whole life wishing the days away - I can't wait until I'm in college, I can't wait until I'm 21, I can't wait until I am out of college :), I can't wait for work to be over today, I can't wait for vacation in 3 months..... 'I can't wait' are 3 words that seem to be used A LOT as you are growing up. But for the first time I feel like I am begging for time to slow down and begging for the days to last a little longer, especially the weekends.
Along with living in the moment, I feel like my life has also turned into a complete chaotic mess :) A good mess, but a crazy mess! I used to be super organized - checking off my lists, getting everything done, not forgetting a thing.....but that has ALL changed. I can't remember anything, can't seem to get anything done, can't seem to keep the house clean and can't seem to keep my head on straight. I just can't get my S$&% together!! I am a little high strung when it comes to stuff like that anyways, but I am 100x worse now! My number one new years resolution is to bring the stress level down and just let things go. It will be hard, but I will do my best :)
Along with living in the moment, I feel like my life has also turned into a complete chaotic mess :) A good mess, but a crazy mess! I used to be super organized - checking off my lists, getting everything done, not forgetting a thing.....but that has ALL changed. I can't remember anything, can't seem to get anything done, can't seem to keep the house clean and can't seem to keep my head on straight. I just can't get my S$&% together!! I am a little high strung when it comes to stuff like that anyways, but I am 100x worse now! My number one new years resolution is to bring the stress level down and just let things go. It will be hard, but I will do my best :)
A few things Liam is doing & loving at 6 months:
1. Eating Solids - We started with veggies and he sorta liked it the 1st day, but has been loving it ever since! He finishes the entire container of food 2-3 times a day. Along with his 4 bottles a day! He will even start licking his tray if he sees food on it, it's hilarious!
2. Making Sounds - His favorite sound to make is a growling sound! He does it all the time - it's so funny! His teachers are always telling us how much he growls at them each day and that they have never heard such funny noises come out of a baby. He is quite the talker, which is so fun!
3. He's not moving quite yet, but he is rolling around a lot more and getting up on his elbows and knees rocking. Not sure how soon crawling will be, but he is definitely figuring out how to roll and move himself around! We never find him in the same place or position as where we left him.
4. He is loving to touch everything! He is constantly touching and feeling any surface, fabric, toy or whatever is around him. And he is also reaching out and touching your face when you talk to him, I LOVE that :) He is also starting to get more and more curious about Maggie - which is a little scary. She doesn't know what to think about him reaching out at her, so we'll see what happens when he finally does get a hold of her. I know all babies are probably like this, but he seems so curious about everything!
5. Sitting Up - Not totally on his own, but he seems really really close! He has great balance while you are sitting with him, I think he will be doing this on his own in no time.
This is such a fun age! Personality is really starting to come out with all his laughing and talking and he is really looking around and trying to figure everything out. And thankfully he is such a happy and good baby - the teachers tell us all the time about what a great baby he is! Everyday is something new and everyday is just so much fun!
6 Month Stats
Weight: 17.6lbs - 50%!! YAY!! Finally at the 50% mark!
Height: 27 1/4" - 75%
Head - 80% :)
A few pics from Month 6!
1. Eating Solids - We started with veggies and he sorta liked it the 1st day, but has been loving it ever since! He finishes the entire container of food 2-3 times a day. Along with his 4 bottles a day! He will even start licking his tray if he sees food on it, it's hilarious!
2. Making Sounds - His favorite sound to make is a growling sound! He does it all the time - it's so funny! His teachers are always telling us how much he growls at them each day and that they have never heard such funny noises come out of a baby. He is quite the talker, which is so fun!
3. He's not moving quite yet, but he is rolling around a lot more and getting up on his elbows and knees rocking. Not sure how soon crawling will be, but he is definitely figuring out how to roll and move himself around! We never find him in the same place or position as where we left him.
4. He is loving to touch everything! He is constantly touching and feeling any surface, fabric, toy or whatever is around him. And he is also reaching out and touching your face when you talk to him, I LOVE that :) He is also starting to get more and more curious about Maggie - which is a little scary. She doesn't know what to think about him reaching out at her, so we'll see what happens when he finally does get a hold of her. I know all babies are probably like this, but he seems so curious about everything!
5. Sitting Up - Not totally on his own, but he seems really really close! He has great balance while you are sitting with him, I think he will be doing this on his own in no time.
This is such a fun age! Personality is really starting to come out with all his laughing and talking and he is really looking around and trying to figure everything out. And thankfully he is such a happy and good baby - the teachers tell us all the time about what a great baby he is! Everyday is something new and everyday is just so much fun!
6 Month Stats
Weight: 17.6lbs - 50%!! YAY!! Finally at the 50% mark!
Height: 27 1/4" - 75%
Head - 80% :)
A few pics from Month 6!
Liam got his first double ear infection this month! Sad little boy for a few days!
Liam and I took a trip to Lubbock in November! We flew for the 2nd time and thankfully he did great on the plane! Slept the whole time there and back!
.jpeg)













Great pics! Love that little boy!
ReplyDelete